Monday, October 19, 2009

Shout out to Global and Money County

As I said, this blog is going to be used to document my adventure. Last Friday, October 16th, my folx K-RO and I shot over to Money County (Marin County) to meet up w/ Global and Dro Beatz. After getting lost for a bit due to me not reading the directions right, we arrived at his studio. It's a dope studio with a sound booth that they constructed themselves. What hit me right away was a SUPA SLAP they were playing. Global gasses on beats!! Dro Beatz got some supa productions! I also learned a lot about the history of Marin. After meeting some more folx, Dro, K-RO and I got down to it. 1st slap was on a West Coast/Dre tip. I created the piano rifts and added some strings and Dro murked it w/ the drums. DONE! Second beat was on a smooth/club tip. Synths, chord arrangements and a catchy but simple tune. Also, it was first time using the type of program they had and I'm telling you this, I'm gonig to get that same exact program and it's going to take my productions to the next level......but this will be on a different post. When all was said and done, we made supa slaps...and it's just the beginning. First time linking up with Dro Beatz and we already started making some fiyah! Shout out to Global, Dro Beatz, The Kamp, and the rest of their squad!!! (Then we got lost for about 30 minutes going back home!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment